Skip to main content

The University Square Community Development District is a local, special-purpose government entity authorized by Chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes as amended, and established on August 4, 1998 by Lee County Ordinance 98-14, as an alternative method of planning, acquiring, operating and maintaining community-wide improvements in planned communities.

The University Square CDD encompasses an area of approximately 113 acres unincorporated Lee County, Florida. The land within the District is generally located at Interstate 75 and Corkscrew Road in the Fort Myers area of Lee County, Florida.

The University Square CDD was established to plan, construct, acquire, operate and maintain systems and facilities related to landscaping and public areas, off-site road improvements, sanitary sewer collection system, water transmission and distribution system, storm water management and drainage system.

A Community Development District (CDD) provides the 'solution' to Florida's need to provide valuable community infrastructure generated by growth, ultimately without overburdening other governments and their taxpaying residents. CDDs represent a major advancement in Florida's effort to manage its growth effectively and efficiently. This allows a community to establish higher construction standards, meanwhile providing a long-term solution to the operation and maintenance of the community's facilities.

Board of Supervisors

Jeffery Staner

  • Chair
  • Email
  • SEAT 1

Tim Byal

  • Vice Chair
  • Email
  • SEAT 2

Mark Geschwendt

  • Assistant Secretary
  • Email
  • SEAT 3


  • Assistant Secretary
  • Email
  • SEAT 4

Rich Pomeroy

  • Assistant Secretary
  • Email
  • SEAT 5

District Staff

District Manager

  • Wrathell, Hunt and Associates, LLC
  • Chuck Adams
  • 9220 Bonita Beach Road, Suite 214
  • Bonita Springs, Florida 34135
  • Phone Number:(239) 498-9020
  • Email

Public Records Notice

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Skip back to navigation